Last year saw a great surge of interest in Festka bikes, not only in terms of orders but also among the social network public and in the media. The number of our followers on Instagram almost doubled and our post started to get the number of likes and reactions we were not accustomed to. We thought it might be an idea to revisit the seven most popular bikes of 2020 in the form of a hitparade based on the number of likes they received on Instagram. Here they are with a few words by the company’s co-founder Michael Moureček.
7. Festka ONE ➧ This bike is a testament to the fact that we can build a beautiful machine even on a budget. It was its simplicity and attractive colour that grabbed the attention of our Instagram audience to such an extent that it became the 7th most popular Festka of 2020. You can chance upon it if you ride in and around Prague.
6. Festka Spectre Floyd ➧ Another race machine where everything was done with performance in mind. The 80 mm deep rims require a lot of experience of the rider as a gust of cross-wind might land someone unused to it in trouble. The Floyd design takes its original inspiration from spectral dispersion of light - phenomenon caused by prisms. The stripes are painstakingly painted or gilded in 24 carat gold leaf. It takes 100 hours to complete this paintwork! The pictured bicycle is ridden by one of Festka’s co-founders.
5. Festka Scalatore Silver Bullet ➧ This subtle looking bicycle invites for a second look to appreciate the perfect paint job. The sunny clime of Thailand, its current home, surely gives it plenty of opportunity to shine. It takes the paint shop several days to prepare the base needed to achieve such a level of perfection. The inconspicuous looking components rank among the best money can buy although you may not notice this straight away as they were either repainted or their original logos were removed.
4.Festka Spectre Splash ➧ Built for the Hollywood actor Orlando Bloom, everything on this super racey bike spells performance: four-spoke wheels, ceramic bearings, special aero handlebars… Not a bike for lazy rambling! All this is further highlighted by the brilliant colours and the design scheme inspired by 1990s skiing outfits.
3. Festka Scalatore Samurai ➧ The order for this bicycle came from Costa Rica - not a place we often hear from. The customer’s brief was for a light, custom geometry machine with an exclusive choice of components and exceptional design. The unique hand-drawn scheme is the work of the leading Czech painter and illustrator Michal Bačák. The work on a piece like this usually takes a whole year and the price is not far from that of a family car.
2. Festka Scalatore Mummy ➧ Scalatore is a very versatile bicycle, although its weight below 6 kg mainly tempts to take it on the highest and longest climbs. Except for the US made wheel rims, all the other components are of European provenance which is quite rare these days. The design scheme was originally created for a lover of ancient Egypt, hence the stylised bandage and the name.
1. Festka Rover Camo ➧ Gravel bikes are becoming extremely popular. Festka Rover offers roadbike performance on tarmac and great fun off the road. The frame’s readiness for bags and racks makes it a perfect companion for bikepacking. The light yet sturdy frame, wireless electronic shifting and fantastic ENVE wheels put this bike at the top of its segment.